Organic Pest Control for Indoor Plants Home Growers
Organic Pest Control for Indoor Plants Home Growers
Healthy plants have fewer pest problems
Prevent, or at least minimize, pest issues on indoor plants by choosing the right plants and providing good overall plant care and hydroponics system. Learn about basic care and growing needs for your plant.
Grow plants in the best possible conditions
Select plants with growing requirements that match the indoor environment (humidity, light, temperature).
Plants cannot fight off pests when they are struggling to grow in too little light, overly wet or dry soil, too hot or too cold air temperatures, etc. So growers should use led grow lights to offer the sunlike light for their plants.
- High-efficiency white light boards with Samsung LM301B diodes, high efficacy 2.7 μmol/J.
- White-light full spectrum for optimal canopy penetration and easy viewing.
- No Fan, means ZERO Noise. Large solid aluminium heat sink, high quality protective covers for cables, waterproof LED, high safety performance and dimmable MEAN WELL Driver.
- Experimentally-certified light recipe for healthier plant growth.
- Dimmable Power Supply included.
- High efficiency white light quantum boards
- Full-spectrum White and 660nm Red and 730nm Far Red and UV 395nm
- Meanwell Driver & Reliable passive-cooled design
- Better canopy light penetration with diffused light
- Dimmable power supply included
- Higher intensity and more even coverage in a grow tent, reflective area, or by crossing over using multiple lamps.
- Color temperature: 3500K Full Spectrum
High efficiency with lower energy consumption: ECO Farm Mini 65W quantum board for indoor plants uses Samsung new LEDs Chips which proved to be more effiency as other chip,and the same PPF,high quality.
Increase yield and crop quality, ideal for all growth stages: ECO Farm 65W led light with 224pcs LEDs, it contains warm white light(3000k) + blue light(5000k) + red light(660nm) + IR light(730nm)+ UV light(380nm). Our quantum board targeted light spectrum tailored to optimize a plant's growth in indoor environments from seeds to harvest (germination, clones or cuttings, mothers, vegetative,and flowering applications).it's good for accurately monitoring plant health.
- Noise free-fanless led mini quantum board: No Fan Noise Free design will make your growing life easy and quiet,large areas of solid aluminium quickly heat dispersing reducing light lost to aisles and walls, increase the light intensity, allowing your plants receive more energy and without burning your plants for maximum headroom.
There are many kinds of led grow lights that can meet your need, like commercial led grow lights, diy grow lights and so on.
1. Water plants properly
- Know how much water your plant needs.
- Water the soil at the base of the plant, not the leaves.
- Be sure the plant's pot drains well.
- Avoid letting plants stand in water.
- Over-watering and poor drainage can cause root rot and encourage fungus gnats as well as other pest issues.
2. Understand your plant’s nutritional needs
- Apply fertilizer at half the recommended strength.
- Fertilize when the plant is actively growing.
3. Keep plants clean
- Keep soil surface free of dead leaves, stems and flowers.
- Wash plant leaves with a damp cloth as dust and grime can reduce plant health. Never use leaf shine products or milk.
- Prune out dead branches and stems.
4. Use new, sterile potting soil when potting plants
- Never pot indoor plants using soil from the garden.
- Avoid using soil from open bags of potting soil that have sat outside for potting indoor plants. Save it for your outside pots.
- Plant in clean pots and wash soil off of plant roots.
5. Early detection is key to managing pests
Finding pests before they become a problem is the best way to keep insects at bay.
- Thoroughly examine all plant parts and containers before bringing them home from the store or indoors for the winter.
- You may need to use a magnifying lens as some pests are very small.
- Inspect tops and undersides of leaves for insects, webbing, holes and eggs.
- Examine leaves that are discolored as this may be evidence of a pest problem.
- A ten-power hand magnifying lens is helpful when looking for pests. There are also magnifier apps for smartphones.
- Watch for honeydew, a shiny, sticky substance made by aphids, mealybugs and scale insects found on the upper surface of leaves as well as on tabletops and other items around and under the plant.
- Check plant containers for signs of pests along edges, rims, the bottom of pots, saucers, crevices. Remove if found.
- Isolate newly acquired plants for one to two weeks to allow any possible pest problems to become visible.
- heck for pests when you water, fertilize or clean plants.
- Two yellow sticky cards hung above some green plants. Tiny, black flies can be seen trapped on them.
- Yellow sticky card trapping flies
- Some insects like springtails and fungus gnats will move due to the water, making it easier to detect them.
- Use yellow or blue sticky traps to detect flying insects like whiteflies, fungus gnats, winged aphids and thrips.
Above are the methods to prevent the indoor plants pests, if you are interested in greenhouse plant, welcome to visit our official website: ecofarm.ca
Our emails address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp: +1 206 581 5521
Leave a comment