- The MQ-500 is used to measure incoming PPFD measurements in outdoor environments, greenhouses, growth chambers, and aquariums.
- Full spectrum quantum sensor with a spectral range of 389 to 692 nm ± 5 nm.
- Optional accessories pictured include the AM-310 Telescoping.
- Extension Wand for reaching further into plant canopy (super useful) and the Apogee AC-100 USB Data Cable to connect and download to PC.
- Accurate, Stable Measurements Long-term non-stability determined from multiple replicate quantum sensors in accelerated aging tests and field conditions is less than 2 % per year.
- Rugged, lightweight and portable with a four year manufacturers warranty.
Refined Spectral Response
The improved spectral response of the MQ-500 increases the accuracy of LED measurements making it ideal for use with both natural and electric light sources.
This cosine-corrected sensor is designed to maintain its accuracy when radiation comes from low zeith angles. The sensors measure PPFD with a cosine response accurate within ± 5% at 75° zenith angle.
Head is potted solid making it submersible and suitable for use in all climate conditions.
Warranty and Support
All Apogee products are backed by an industry-leading four-year warranty and outstanding customer support.
Calibration Uncertainty: ± 5 %
Measurement Range: 0 to 4000 µmol mˉ² sˉ¹
Measurement Repeatability: Less than 0.5 %
Long-term Drift (Non-stability): Less than 2 % per year
Non-linearity: Less than 1 % (up to 4000 µmol mˉ² sˉ¹)
Response Time: Less than 1 ms
Field of View: 180 ˚
Spectral Range: 389 to 692 nm ± 5 nm (wavelengths where response is greater than 50 % of maximum)
Spectral Selectivity: Less than 10 % from 412 to 682 nm ± 5 nm
Directional (Cosine) Response: ± 5 % at 75 ˚ zenith angle
Azimuth Error: Less than 0.5 %
Tilt Error: Less than 0.5 %
Temperature Response: -0.11 ± 0.03 % Cˉ¹
Uncertainty in Daily Total: Less than 5 %
Detector: Blue-enhance silicon photodiode
Housing: Anodized aluminum body with acrylic diffuser
IP Rating: IP68
Operating Environment: 0 to 50 C, less than 90 % non-condensing relative humidity up to 30 C, less than 70 % non-condensing relative humidity from 30 to 50 C, separate sensors can be submerged in water up to depth of 30 m
Meter Dimensions: 126 mm length, 70 mm width, 24 mm height
Sensor Dimensions: 24 mm diameter, 37 mm height
Mass: 100 g (with 5 m of lead wire)
Cable: 2 m of shielded, twisted-pair wire with santoprene rubber jacket (high water resistance, high UV stability, flexibility in cold conditions), additional cable available
Warranty: 4 years against defects in materials and workmanship
1) Eco Farm is a top-trusted online retailer offering honest grow advice and top-of-the-line LED grow lights and other grow/harvest/extraction equipment.
2) Reliable International Shipping Available
Nearly all of our products can be shipped internationally using DHL or similar couriers.
3) 100% Quality Guarrantee
You will buy confidently from us since only sell new, official products (no used items or clones).
4) Safe, Secure, Discrete Transactions
All card payments are processed through our encrypted SSL security processing system. Your identity is always protected.
5) Hassle-Free Returns
And just in case your purchase was not up to your standards, we offer return if you are not 100% satisfied for any reason.